Tactics - Getting What You Want On Stage
Saturday, January 22 @ 2:00 PM
TEACHER: SIOBHAN DOHERTY
- Do your scenes look stagnant, with just two people standing and talking to each other? By working on your ensemble and movement skills, you can make your scenes as exciting visually as they are hilarious.
- Audiences love characters who fiercely go after what they want in surprising ways. Learn how to move your characters in an exciting direction with just a few choices about their objectives.
- Does it sound scary to play a character who flirts to get what they want? Great! This is an opportunity to safely and playfully expand your comfort zone. You might even end up using your newfound tactical skills to win an argument with your kids. (Just kidding, kids always win.)
- Time: 2pm to 4pm
- Class size is limited to 12 students (minimum 6 needed to run)
- Ages 16 and up
- Pre-requisite: Level 1 grad equivalent, or instructor permission
Siobhan Marie Doherty is a creative facilitator, educator, writer, and performer with over 15 years of experience. Led by a passion for empowering others to share their voices, she has worked with a wide range of clients at locales such as Stanford University, San Francisco International Airport, and Each One Reach One, a non-profit playwriting program for incarcerated teens.
Siobhan’s experience as a performer informs her work as a creative facilitator. She has performed with Magic Theater, Shotgun Players, and is an artistic company member at PianoFight. Since 2014, she has taught corporate improv workshops while also directing and performing with Killing My Lobster, San Francisco’s longest running sketch comedy company. She also writes feminist historical comedy